Highlights include adding a Hampton Bays stop to the schedule of the eastbound 4:06 PM train from Hunterspoint and the restoration of weekend service on the Babylon Branch.
Other changes include weekday schedule adjustments for midday track work on the Main Line and on the Montauk Branch and changes to the stopping pattern on two Babylon Branch eastbound afternoon trains.
On weekdays during this new timetable period, one of two main tracks on the LIRR's Main Line between Merillon Ave. and Carle Place will be out of service for the installation of new track ties.
With one track out of service between the AM and PM Peak periods, five midday eastbound Huntington trains will depart Penn Station three minutes later than usual and five eastbound midday Babylon trains will leave Penn Station four minutes earlier than usual.
Similar weekday track tie work along the Montauk branch between Babylon and Sayville will result in the cancellation of three midday eastbound and three westbound trains from Patchogue and one afternoon westbound train from Speonk. Customers at these stations will be served by substitute buses or other Montauk branch trains.
The track work along the Main Line and Montauk Branches results in the following changes:
Huntington-Port Jefferson Branch
- The 9:31 AM, 10:31 AM, 11:31 AM, 12:31 PM and 1:31 PM eastbound trains to Huntington will depart Penn Station three minutes later.
- The 2:52 PM eastbound train to Port Jefferson will depart Huntington at 4:06 PM.
- The 4:05 PM westbound train to Penn Station will depart Port Jefferson one minute later at 4:06 PM.
- The 9:35, 10:35 AM, 11:35 AM, 12:35 PM and 1:35 PM eastbound trains to Babylon will depart Penn Station four minutes earlier.
Oyster Bay Branch
- The 1:35 PM westbound train to Jamaica will depart Oyster Bay five minutes earlier at 1:30 PM.
- The 2:38 PM westbound train to Jamaica will depart Oyster Bay two minutes earlier at 2:36 PM.
- The train 8:52 AM train from Jamaica to Patchogue is cancelled. Customers will be accommodated by 7:49 AM train from Penn Station to Montauk train, which will arrive at Montauk 10:59 AM.
- The 10:22 AM train from Penn Station to Speonk is cancelled at Babylon where customers will transfer to buses arriving at their final destination up to 18 minutes later.
- The 11:05 AM train from Penn Station to Patchogue train is cancelled at Babylon. Customers will be accommodated by the 11:14 AM train from Penn Station, transferring at Jamaica to a Montauk train with added stops to Patchogue.
- The 9:34 AM train from Patchogue to Penn Station will depart from Patchogue five minutes earlier than usual at 9:29 AM.
- The 10:34 AM train from Patchogue to Penn Station is cancelled and will be replaced by bus service from Patchogue to Babylon. Customers will board buses up to 22 minutes earlier at Patchogue through Bay Shore, transferring at Babylon to regular train service. Customers can expect to arrive at their final destination up to one hour later.
- The 11:19 AM from Montauk to Penn Station will depart 14 minutes later than usual at 11:33 AM and make added stops at Babylon, Oakdale, Great River and Islip arriving at Penn Station at 3:02 PM.
- The 11:34 AM train from Patchogue to Penn Station will depart five minutes earlier than usual at 11:29 AM.
- The 1:34 PM train from Patchogue to Penn Station is cancelled. Substitute buses will depart stations Speonk through Bay Shore up to 23 minutes earlier than normal train times. Customers will transfer at Babylon for regular train service.
- The 2:07 PM train from Patchogue to Penn Station is cancelled and replaced by bus service.
Babylon Branch Service Adjustments
Weekend service on the Babylon Branch will be restored to a half-hourly schedule with the completion of the current track work between Amityville and Babylon. Weekend express service from Babylon to Jamaica is also being restored.
Stopping patterns of the 3:03 PM and the 3:22 PM eastbound trains from Penn Station to Babylon will be changed. Stops at St. Albans, Amityville, Copiague and Lindenhurst will be dropped from the 3:03 PM train and added to the schedule of the 3:21 PM train. Massapequa Park has also been added to the 3:21 train to make local travel easier.
April 9-10 Weekend
Babylon Branch customers are also advised that there will be service adjustments over the weekend of April 9-10 as the LIRR undertakes its latest modernization project, the cutover at Wantagh and Amityville to a state-of-the-art, microprocessor-based signal system. Schedule adjustments for the outage weekend will come in a separate press release.
Customers should pick up a copy of the new March 7 - May 16 timetables at their stations or at all terminals. For the latest information on train service, customers should go to www.mta.info or monitor LIRR service alerts via email. Customers can also contact the LIRR's Travel Information Center at 718-217-5477 (718-217-LIRR). If you are deaf or hard of hearing, use your preferred relay service provider or the free 711 relay to reach LIRR at 718-217-5477.