Just the place might be a restaurant called Just Like Mother's in Queens.
The restaurant on Queens Boulevard has been around for 18 years.
The food is Polish-style home cooking, including stuffed cabbage, and the Polish version isn't sweet.
The recipe is below.
Learn more about Just Like Mother's on the web at www.justlikemothers.com.
Recipe: Stuffed Cabbage
1. Core cabbage to loosen leaves. Place in pot, covered with water and boil 3-5 minutes.
2. Drain. Separate leaves and allow them to cool. Remove hard outer veins.
3. In large bowl combine beef, rice and sautéed onion, salt, pepper and marjoram along with ¼ cup broth or more to moisten
4. Place 2 TBS of the meat/rice mixture into the center of a cabbage leaf. Fold over leaf, tuck in sides, like a wrap.
5. Repeat with larger leaves.
6. Line deep baking pan bottom with some of remaining cabbage leaves. Place the stuffed cabbages leaves on top (seam side down) and pour beef stock on top.
7. Then layer with remaining loose leaves and cover with tin foil.
8. Place in preheated 400 degree oven and cook for 1 hour.
9. Serve with your favorite tomato sauce!