Below are 7 fun facts from the Bronx Zoo, all about sea lions!
1) Sea lions begin learning how to swim when they are just a few weeks old
2) Sea lions eat mostly fish, squid and octopus.
3) Female sea lions give birth to one "pup" each year.
4) Sea lions blow bubbles out of their nose to help them breathe underwater.
5) Sea lions live in groups called "harems" ? you can tell who is the master of the harem by looking at the forehead. When a male sea lion is five years old, they develop a bony bump on the top of their skull.
6) Sea lions dramatically reduce their heart rate when they dive in order to help conserve oxygen. They stay submerged for as long as possible.
7) Many sea lions live into their 30s
Source: Bronx Zoo