3-alarm fire burns through New Rochelle apartment complex

February 1, 2014 2:55:01 PM PST
Firefighters battled a three-alarm fire Saturday at a garden apartment complex in New Rochelle.

The fire was first reported at about 10 a.m. at 472 Pelham Road.

One firefighter fell out of a third story window and broke his arm. A man was also injured, and was transported to Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital with smoke inhalation. He is expected to survive.

About 20 apartments were displaced by the fire. The Red Cross set up a shelter at the Hugh A Doyle Senior Center for those who are affected.

The fire was placed under control around noon.

There is no word yet on what sparked the blaze.