EAST ELMHURST, Queens (WABC) -- More than dozen residents were hospitalized after a carbon monoxide incident in Queens Monday morning.
Officials said the residents inside the building on 32nd Avenue in East Elmhurst began feeling sick and calling 911 just after 6:15 a.m.
Fourteen people were evacuated from the building, and 13 of them were sent to area hospitals to be evaluated.
TOP NEWS | Fire truck slams into NYC children's clothing store
The boiler in the building was shut down, and the carbon monoxide levels began to dissipate.
All injuries are considered minor.
* More Queens news
* Send us a news tip
* Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts
* Follow us on YouTube
Submit a News Tip
Carbon monoxide incident sends 13 to the hospital in Queens