Carbon monoxide incident sends 13 to the hospital in Queens

WABC logo
Monday, December 21, 2020
EMBED <>More Videos

More than dozen residents were hospitalized after a carbon monoxide incident in Queens Monday morning.

EAST ELMHURST, Queens (WABC) -- More than dozen residents were hospitalized after a carbon monoxide incident in Queens Monday morning.

Officials said the residents inside the building on 32nd Avenue in East Elmhurst began feeling sick and calling 911 just after 6:15 a.m.

Fourteen people were evacuated from the building, and 13 of them were sent to area hospitals to be evaluated.

TOP NEWS | Fire truck slams into NYC children's clothing store

The boiler in the building was shut down, and the carbon monoxide levels began to dissipate.

All injuries are considered minor.

----------

* More Queens news

* Send us a news tip

* Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts

* Follow us on YouTube

Submit a News Tip