NORTH BRUNSWICK, New Jersey (WABC) -- Five residents escaped a fire that tore through their home, behind a barbershop Tuesday morning in North Brunswick.
The residents fled when fire broke out inside the Georges Road home just before 1:15 a.m.
Four adults and one child were out of the home by the time firefighters arrived and were treated for minor injuries.
The fire caused heavy damage to the home, attached to the rear of the VIP Barber Shop.
No other injuries were reported and firefighters do not believe anyone else was trapped inside.
Fire department activity was expected to close Georges Road for the entire morning commute.