An electrical fire started at St. George Russian Orthodox Church in Bayside, Queens early in the morning.
FDNY responded and was able to get the fire under control and prevent the church from being damaged.
There were also no injuries reported from the fire.
According to a church official, the building did not have power after the fire, but service continued anyway.
Candles were lit to help light the service.
ALSO READ | White House Easter Egg Roll returns Monday after 2 year COVID hiatus
* More Queens news
* Send us a news tip
* Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts
* Follow us on YouTube
Submit a News Tip