MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. (WABC) -- A 16-year-old boy in Westchester County is under arrest for allegedly raping a 23-year-old woman and an 11-year-old girl in separate incidents.
Police say on October 20, 2014 between 6:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., 16-year-old Javon Roberts abducted a 23-year-old woman walking home from work in Mount Vernon.
Placing a knife to her throat he allegedly attempted to rape her, but then decided that they were too exposed at their current location, so he forced her to come with him to the Grimes Elementary School Building located on South 10th Street.
Police say it was there that the suspect forced his victim to perform oral sex on him and then forcibly anally sodomized her multiple times.
At the conclusion of the attack, the suspect walked the victim to the corner and let her leave. She immediately called police who then attempted to locate the suspect to no avail.
Then on December 4, 2014, an 11-year-old girl was walking home from a Christmas concert at a local library in Mount Vernon at approximately 8:00 p.m.
The suspect allegedly abducted her and once again took his victim to the grounds of the Grimes Elementary School.
Police say in a stairwell adjacent to the playground, Roberts pulled out a knife and forced the child to perform oral sex on him whereupon he also raped and anally sodomized her multiple times.
When the child screamed in pain, the suspect allegedly said, "Shut up or I will kill you". Investigators say the entire attack went on for approximately two hours.
The victim was eventually let go. Police had no leads. Later, police interviewed the suspect on an unrelated investigation. The water bottle he drank from was handed over to the Westchester County Crime lab. Forensics was able to link Roberts to the two sexual attacks.
Roberts faces 28 charges including:
- Two counts of Rape in the First Degree, class "B" Felonies,
- 12 counts of Criminal Sexual Act in the First Degree, class "B" Felonies,
- Two counts of Kidnapping in the Second Degree, class "B" Felonies,
- Two counts of Kidnapping in the Second Degree As a Sexually Motivated Felony, class "B" Felonies,
- One count of Attempted Rape in the First Degree, a class "C" Felony,
- Two counts of Sexual Abuse in the First Degree, class "D" Felonies,
- One count of Attempted Assault in the Second Degree, a class "E" Felony,
- Two counts of Criminal Sexual Act in the Third Degree, class "E" Felonies,
- Two counts of Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Fourth Degree, class "A" Misdemeanors,
- One count of Criminal Obstruction of Breathing or Blood Circulation, a class "A" Misdemeanor,
- One count of Endangering the Welfare of a Child, a class "A" Misdemeanor.
"The brutal and violent acts this defendant is alleged to have committed against these two victims, one an 11-year-old girl, are extremely dangerous and disturbing. We are thankful for the excellent detective work and forensic analysis performed in this case and we are most grateful for the courage displayed by these two victims in coming forward to assist in holding this defendant accountable for the depraved crimes he is accused of committing," said District Attorney Janet DiFiore.
Roberts' next court appearance will be on May 12th, 2015.
He faces a maximum of 10 years in prison.