Toddler chokes to death on carrot

November 22, 2010 1:09:14 PM PST
A 2-year-old Long Island girl has died after choking on a piece of carrot while attending day care. Nassau County police say the girl was attending Carousel Day Care School in Hicksville on Tuesday morning when she swallowed the piece of carrot and began to choke.

Daycare workers began CPR and called 911.

The girl's name was not released. She died at Nassau University Medical Center.

An autopsy was expected to determine the exact cause of death.

Gene Formica, the owner of the school, offered "our total support, thought and prayers for the child's family." He said counseling was being provided for staff involved in the tragedy.


NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS

USEFUL LINKS:
  • VIEWER PHOTOS AND VIDEOS

  • REPORT TYPO

  • GET WIDGET

  • EYEWITNESS TWITTER

  • FIND US ON FACEBOOK



  • Load Comments