He ordered steak and spinach from the Bull and Bear Steak House at the Waldorf Astoria.
Sanz-Claus spoke exclusively to Eyewitness News claiming that hidden in his food was a tampon, a blood soaked tampon.
"I had it in my mouth, chewed it and nearly swallowed it," said Sanz-Claus. He adds, "This is so disgusting, I've felt sick ever since."
This diner says he rinsed his mouth with brandy then went to the bathroom to vomit. He says the hotel then called an ambulance. Sanz-Claus claims the doctor in the emergency room cut the object in half and confirmed it was a used tampon. New York Presbyterian today confirming he was treated at the hospital
Sanz-Claus says he has not been able to sleep or eat since the episode.
Repulsive enough, just the thought of putting such an object in one's mouth and trying to eat it but this tourist says he now fears he has made himself vulnerable to disease.
He was tested for hepatitis at the hospital and was told to be tested for AIDS in two months.
The Waldorf-Astoria which owns and manages the restaurant, released the following statement. ""We are conducting an internal investigation, but have reason to believe that the circumstances surrounding this incident are highly suspicious. At this time we are not at liberty to provide any additional details."
Web Produced By: Scott Curkin
NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS