Man electrocuted in Queens

August 5, 2009 9:57:09 AM PDT
A roofer was electrocuted when his ladder came into contact with power lines in the College Point section of Queens. The 27-year-old victim was identified as William Barrett. He was reportedly on his ladder, leaning against the two-story home on 117th Street, just before 9 a.m. when he somehow came into contact with nearby power lines.

The roofer, a contractor, was electrocuted and fell.

He was rushed to New York Hospital Center in Queens, where he was pronounced dead.

Authorities were investigating.


NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS

USEFUL LINKS:
  • VIEWER PHOTOS AND VIDEOS

  • REPORT TYPO

  • SUBMIT DEBATE QUESTIONS

  • EYEWITNESS TWITTER

  • FIND US ON FACEBOOK



  • Load Comments