Mom, son rescued after carbon monoxide scare

March 8, 2010 2:55:25 PM PST
A Nassau County police officer is being called a hero after he saved a mother and her young son following a carbon monoxide scare at their family home. Officer Michael Frank was the first to arrive at Putney Road in North Valley Stream, Long Island early Sunday morning.

He found Denise Morris on her knees and the front door.

She told him that her 8-year-old son was upstairs.

Officer Frank found the boy curled up in the middle of a bedroom floor.

He pick the boy up and rushed him out of the home.

The carbon monoxide came from a gasoline-powered generator set up in the basement after LIPA shut off the home's power.

LIPA says the family did not pay their bills.

For information on Project Warmth, which helps provide financial assistance towards energy costs call (631) 940-3757.


Load Comments