Bamonte's is an Italian restaurant that has been in the same family for 110 years.
It's located at 32 Withers Street in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
This week's recipe is below:
Bamonte's Seafood Fra Diavolo
Minced garlic in about 1/4 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup of dry white wine
1 cup of calamari tubes cut into 1/4 inch rings
1 pinch of hot pepper flakes
16 mussels scrubbed and cleaned
6-8 fresh basil leaves
6 clams scrubbed and cleaned
2 1/2 cups of San Marzano- whole plum tomatoes
1/4 cup of olive oil
2 cloves of crushed garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper
3 tablespoons of shredded fresh basil
Directions for sauce:
1. In a saucepan, on low flame, heat oil, add garlic and cook until lightly brown.
2. Add the tomatoes( crushed with your hands),basil, salt and pepper.
3. Cook and Stir occasionally until thickened- about 20- 25 minutes.
1. In a medium saucepan, add minced garlic with olive oil, a pinch of hot peppers flakes and basil and cook until lightly brown.
2. Add the shrimp and cook until they are white in color.
3. Add the mussels, clams and calamari.
4. Simmer a few minutes, add the white wine and simmer a few minutes.
5. Add the marinara sauce and fresh basil.
6. Cover and reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally.
7. Cook the seafood until the mussels and clams have opened about 5- 10 minutes.
8. Plate the mussels around the outside of the plate and the calamari, shrimp and clams in the center.
9. Spoon the remaining sauce over the seafood and sprinkle with the remaining fresh basil.