9 overcome by carbon monoxide at Bronx storefront church

MELROSE, The Bronx (WABC) -- Nine people were overcome by carbon monoxide in the Bronx.

Firefighters responded to a storefront church on Sunday afternoon in Melrose for a hazardous material incident.

ConEdison says the church used space heaters in the basement and the first floor.

First responders rushed eight people to the hospital. A ninth person refused medical attention.

----------
* More Bronx news
* Send us a news tip
* Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts
* Follow us on YouTube
Copyright © 2020 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.