BAY RIDGE, Brooklyn (WABC) -- More than two dozen people were sickened by cleaning chemicals at a school in Brooklyn Monday.
The incident happened at Holy Angels Catholic Academy on 74th Street in the Bay Ridge section.
The FDNY said 30 people got sick when floor wax stripper was poured down a sink drain that was clogged.
Fumes developed and people started to get sick.
School officials said the school followed their emergency crisis plan and students were evacuated to the church.
In all, eight children and one adult were taken to Lutheran Medical Center to be evaluated, but all are OK. Twenty-one other people refused medical attention at the scene.
Everything has since been cleared and the students are back to class. The school was not dismissed for the day, but some parents picked up their children early.
Holy Angels Catholic Academy is a pre-K through 8th grade Catholic school.
Stay with abc7NY for the latest on this developing story.