15 adults, teens treated for carbon monoxide exposure at Chabad of Great Neck

John Del Giorno Image
Tuesday, June 28, 2022
15 adults, teens treated for carbon monoxide exposure in Great Neck
Multiple people, most of them teenagers, were exposed to carbon monoxide in Great Neck, Nassau County.

GREAT NECK, Nassau County (WABC) -- More than a dozen people, most of them teenagers, were treated for carbon monoxide exposure on Long Island early Tuesday.

It happened just after 6 a.m. at the Chabad of Great Neck on East Shore Road.

Authorities were called after numerous people in the building complained of feeling nauseous and dizzy.

Many of the patients being treated were said to be adolescents.

There were 15 victims, authorities said, and most were treated at the scene.

At least one person, however, was transported to a local hospital by EMS.

The cause of the carbon monoxide is believed to be from the heating system in the building.

MORE NEWS: Tri-State reacts to Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade

New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut were among several states led by Democrats that recently took steps to protect abortion access. NJ Burkett has the latest reactions in his rep


* More Long Island news

* Send us a news tip

* Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts

* Follow us on YouTube

Submit a tip or story idea to Eyewitness News

Have a breaking news tip or an idea for a story we should cover? Send it to Eyewitness News using the form below. If attaching a video or photo, terms of use apply.