HARTFORD, Conn. -- One person was injured in an early morning fire at a vacant apartment building that forced the closure of a major intersection in Hartford's North End.
Firefighters responded to the scene on Main Street near Albany Avenue just before 3:30 a.m. Fire officials say a man was pulled from the second floor of the building, which was supposed to be empty.
The victim was taken to Saint Francis Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation. His condition was not immediately available.
Several roads in the area are expected to remain closed through the morning rush hour.
The nearby Capital Preparatory Magnet School on Main Street canceled classes for the day.