ALLERTON, The Bronx (WABC) -- A deadly fire in the Bronx was caused by a lithium-ion battery, the FDNY says.
The fire broke out around 4 p.m. Saturday on Olinville Avenue in Allerton.
First responders rushed a 64-year-old man t the hospital, but it was too late.
So far this year, lithium-ion batteries have caused at least 33 fires in New York City.
On Monday, two firefighters suffered minor injuries while battling a fire at an e-bike shop in Queens that was believed to have been started by a lithium-ion battery.
7 ON YOUR SIDE: How to foil check washing fraud before it costs you thousands
* Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts
Submit a tip or story idea to Eyewitness News