NEW YORK (WABC) -- You didn't win $1.04 billion, we didn't win $1.04 billion. That just means the Powerball jackpot gets bigger.
No one won big in Monday night's drawing, so the jackpot has climbed to $1.2 billion ahead of Wednesday night's drawing.
Monday's numbers were: 27-12-43-47-26 Powerball: 5
One lucky ticket buyer in New York did become $2 million richer on Monday night.
Wednesday's jackpot ranks as the game's largest this year and is among the largest lottery prizes of all time, behind earlier prizes in the Powerball and Mega Millions games.
If a player wins the jackpot on Wednesday night, they will have the choice between an annuitized prize worth an estimated $1.2 billion or a lump sum payment estimated at $551.7 million.
Jackpot winners can either take the money as an immediate cash lump sum or in 30 annual payments over 29 years. Both advertised prize options do not include federal and jurisdictional taxes.
The Powerball jackpot has rolled over 33 consecutive times since the July 19 drawing when a ticket in California won a prize worth $1.08 billion, the third-largest Powerball jackpot ever won.
The overall odds of winning a prize are 1 in 24.9. The odds of winning the jackpot are 1 in 292.2 million.
All winning tickets must be redeemed in the jurisdiction in which they are sold.
Here is a look at the 10 largest U.S. jackpots that have been won and the states where the winning tickets were sold:
1. $2.04 billion, Powerball, Nov. 8, 2022 (one ticket, from California)
2. $1.586 billion, Powerball, Jan. 13, 2016 (three tickets, from California, Florida, Tennessee)
3. $1.58 billion, Mega Millions, Aug. 8, 2023 (one ticket, from Florida)
4. $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, Oct. 23, 2018 (one ticket, from South Carolina)
5. $1.35 billion, Mega Millions, Jan. 13, 2023 (one ticket from Maine)
6. $1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022 (one ticket, from Illinois)
7. $1.08 billion, Powerball, July 19, 2023 (one ticket, from California)
8. $1.05 billion, Mega Millions, Jan. 22, 2021 (one ticket, from Michigan)
9. $768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019 (one ticket, from Wisconsin)
10. $758.7 million, Powerball, Aug. 23, 2017 (one ticket, from Massachusetts)
Powerball drawings are also streamed here on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday at 10:59 p.m.
Mega Millions drawings are streamed on Tuesday and Friday at 11:00 p.m.
Sources: AP archives, www.megamillions.com and www.powerball.com