NEW YORK (WABC) -- Someone in Washington state overcame steep odds to win a $754.6 million Powerball jackpot.
Lottery officials said in a statement early Tuesday that a single ticket matched all six numbers and that ticket sales pushed the jackpot higher than an earlier $747 million estimate.
Here are the winning numbers: 22, 11, 23, 5, 69 with a Powerball of 7.
While the top winner was not from the Tri-State area, officials say three tickets worth $1 million each were sold in New York.
Two were purchased in Nassau County: one at Barefoot Peddler on Glen Cove Road in Greenvale, the other at Farmingdale Petroleum on Oyster Bay Road in Hicksville.
The other $1 million ticket was sold in Lower Manhattan, at Liberty News and Gifts inside the Staten Island Ferry Terminal.
The full jackpot is for a winner opting for an annuity distributed in one immediate but partial payout followed by additional payments over 29 years that increase by 5% annually.
The winner also can opt for a one-time cash payment of $407.2 million.
Both prizes available are the amounts before taxes, Powerball said.
The jackpot for the next drawing scheduled for Wednesday is $20 million, according to the lottery's website
Monday night's win was the first Powerball jackpot win since Nov. 19. That winless streak allowed the prize to grow larger and larger until it stood as the ninth-largest in U.S. history.
Higher interest rates have allowed annuity payments to increase compared with earlier jackpots, when rates were lower. Most winners prefer the immediate cash prize.
WATCH THE POWERBALL DRAWING LIVE ON ABC7NY.COM AT 10:59 PM MONDAY
Top 10 Powerball Jackpots
1. $2.04 Billion - Nov. 7, 2022 - CA
2. $1.586 Billion - Jan. 13, 2016 - CA, FL, TN
3. $768.4 Million - March 27, 2019 - WI
4. $758.7 Million - Aug. 23, 2017 - MA
5. $754.6 million - Feb. 6, 2023 - WA
6. $731.1 Million - Jan. 20, 2021 - MD
7. $700 Million est. - Feb. 4, 2023
8. $699.8 Million - Oct. 4, 2021 - CA
9. $687.8 Million - Oct. 27, 2018 - IA, NY
10. $632.6 Million - Jan. 5, 2022 - CA, WI
Top 10 U.S. Lottery Jackpots of All-TIme
1. $2.04 billion, Powerball, Nov. 8, 2022 (one ticket, from California)
2. $1.586 billion, Powerball, Jan. 13, 2016 (three tickets, from California, Florida, Tennessee)
3. $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, Oct. 23, 2018 (one ticket, from South Carolina)
4. $1.35 billion, Mega Millions, Jan. 13, 2023 (one ticket from Maine)
5. $1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022 (one ticket, from Illinois)
6. $1.05 billion, Mega Millions, Jan. 22, 2021 (one ticket, from Michigan)
7. $768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019 (one ticket, from Wisconsin)
8. $758.7 million, Powerball, Aug. 23, 2017 (one ticket, from Massachusetts)
9. $754.6 million, Powerball, Feb. 6, 2023 (one ticket, from Washington)
10. $731.1 million, Powerball, Jan. 20, 2021 (one ticket, from Maryland)
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
WATCH: New York state lottery drawings live daily at 2:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. and Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8:15 p.m.
Powerball drawings are also streamed here on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday at 10:59 p.m.
Mega Millions drawings are streamed on Tuesday and Friday at 11:00 p.m.
ALSO READ | Woman pleads guilty to stealing cousin's $1 million New York State Lottery jackpot
* Get Eyewitness News Delivered
* Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts
Submit a tip or story idea to Eyewitness News