Two people hurt after a house fire in Queens

ByEyewitness News via WABC logo
Friday, May 6, 2022
EMBED <>More Videos

ABC7 New York 24/7 Eyewitness News Stream

CORONA, Queens (WABC) -- Two people were hurt in a fire inside a house in Queens Friday morning.

The flames broke out in a single-family home on 109th Street in Corona around 9:30 a.m.

Responders determined that the blaze was located on the second floor of the house, and it was extinguished before 10 a.m.

Two civilian patients were transported to the hospital in unknown conditions.

It's not clear what sparked the fire, but authorities say lithium batteries were found at the scene.

HazMat units were called to collect the batteries.

The investigation remains ongoing.

ALSO READ | Man confesses to Queens murder, called victim a 'witch' who cursed him: NYPD

----------

* More Queens news

* Send us a news tip

* Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts

* Follow us on YouTube