BEDFORD-STUYVESANT, Brooklyn (WABC) -- Multiple families were displaced and three people were injured in an apartment fire in Brooklyn.
The flames broke out early Sunday morning in a fourth-floor unit in the building on MacDonough Street.
Investigators have ruled out lithium-ion batteries, but are still trying to pinpoint what sparked the blaze.
Star Jacob says the woman living in the apartment where the fire began said it started small like a campfire and quickly spread.
"When you have a hoarder house it get cluttered after a while," Jacob said.
There are three connecting buildings at #28 - all of the units in one part have heavy smoke and water damage - others, not so much
Everyone had to evacuate the building, and the Red Cross is now helping nearly two dozen families.
Denise Martin is staying with her daughters.
"When I got up, I heard all this ruckus. I opened the door and looked out and it was filled with water," she said.
Three people were injured and taken to the hospital.
Hours after the fire, Jacob came back to get her pet snapping turtle. She is still overwhelmed by what happened.
"I've got anxiety - it's a lot to deal with," she said.